Chaparri - Chiclayo

maandag 25 april 2011

Out of Peru

Hey everybody, its been a while since I ve written something on the blog but you know how it goes (or you dont)...  since a few days I ve left Peru behind and making my way through Bolivia. 14 Days ago I was still in Iquitos (jungle of Peru) and after 2 days of flying and taking buses I found myself staring down worlds deepest canyon , Cañon de Colca. I ve met a German couple and we explored Cabanaconde (the town where we were logged) together. We stayed at the backpackers hostel 'Pachamama', that is owned by a Peruvian-Belgian couple ( funny thing: I studied with her five years ago and was looking forward to see her again but unfortunately she s back in Belgium for the time being). But the hostal was really great: nice accommodation, delicious pizzas, book exchange, a lot of dvd's and a great atmosphere!
I went on a 2day hike through the Cañon and enjoyed every view. it was really amazing! at night At the first stop I ve met Hannah and Martin again (the german couple) and we went on together. at around 4.30 in the evening we reached the hostal in a little village on the other side of the cañon. Afer a fine dinner (look at the pic of the kitchen surround by cuyes (=hamsters) ) and lots of great conversations with other travellers we went to bed at around 9 =) ! Yeah, wen you live by the rithm of the sun you go to bed real early and get up at around 6 or 7 in the morning, like the next morning. After a quick wash outside I was ready to go back up to Cabanaconde. First we had to reach the bridge and at around 11 we were standing at the bottom of a steep climb back to Cabanaconde. With a left knee that probably has to be changed when I back in Belgium I did the climb in 2h and 18 minuts (Lonely Planet says that ou should take 3.5 to 4.5 hours) BUT i was in a hurry because it was the Copa del Rey and the bolivians told me that it went on air at 1 o clock in the afternoon. I think I ve overcome my mental and physical limits like 10 times during that climb, man I was soooo exhausted when I reached the 'highway'. Ohyeah, I wanna thank God for giving me a lift from that point because thanks to the kind roadworkers who took me the last km to town I was right in time: 13h and no minute later! I stormed into the sportsbar and there I so an empty stadion on television.... ?! "Hola señor, estas aca por el partido?!" Claro que si, le dige. "empieza a las dos y quarenta y cinco" ......*******....... Antwerpse vloek!

Bon, after a hot shower a was ready to see Barcelona prevail.... second disappointment of the day ... o well, they will win the champion league ;) !

After Arequipa (district of canon de colca) I made my way to La Paz. And that didnt went without a lot of tranportation problems which I will not bother you with. the only thing you have to know is that in South America you always have to triple check everything you buy. Make sure that the following things on your ticket or just: date, seat, price, number of passengers, name of the agency,... . We eventually made it to La Paz but with a lot of waiting and in the end a 3.5 hour busride sitting next to the drivers because there were not enough seats... but great views in Bolivia so no complaining ;). arriving in La Paz is hard to describe... you have to experience the awesomeness of it. The city is so big and completely surrounded by mountains of whom some are with snow. its an almighty sight. Martin his camera was better then mine (with wide angle) so he took most pictures. When I ll get them i ll put them to on FB.

Okay, the next links or some pics of the last two weeks.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150173519436170.321850.763086169&l=b07bc484fe
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150167403316170.309662.763086169&l=47d475ce4c
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150173546191170.321902.763086169&l=30c0f1eb64


Greets!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten